Landlord & Tenant
Landlord and Tenant work is an area of commercial real estate where BBS Law has extensive experience over many decades.
This experience has been gained from acting for a multitude of landlord and tenant clients over many decades.
We frequently work with our property litigation colleagues in order to manage client’s risks in areas such as contentious and non-contentious lease renewal proceedings, dilapidations, service charge disputes and break options.
This joined up approach is vital when it comes to service of notices, and responses to them – this can be a minefield with content, method of service and compliance of conditions all there to be safely navigated. This can often result in multiple notices being served on different entities in several jurisdictions to protect a client.
Recently we acted for a client who purchased a business that included 70 leasehold trade counter premises. Many leases had expired and as well as dealing with the assignments of the leases there were numerous lease renewals to conclude and court proceedings to take over. This was all done efficiently and at a fixed price per property across the portfolio.
Our Landlord and Tenant work includes:
- Granting leases
- Taking leases
- Assignment, underletting and termination of leases from both landlord and tenant perspectives
- Management advice, including issuing consents, side letters, concessions, supplemental licences and deeds of variation
- Pre-let documentation for new developments
- Lease renewals and service of a variety of contentious and non-contentious notices
- Referral of disputes to arbitrators and experts